Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Favorite Things: 10 Things

Gentre

1. My favorite movie would be a tie between The Artist and Roman Holiday, with Fantastic Mr. Fox, Jane Eyre, and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (because I can't just pick one) rounding out my top five. Also, Coco Before Chanel, Food Inc., The Tree of LifeGod Grew Tired of Us, Midnight in Paris, Jiro Dreams of Sushi, Sunset Boulevard...boy, do I love movies.
2. I like to read The Great Gatsby every summer. 
3. Nothing brings me more joy than travel. My favorite place in the world is Paris.
4. Contrary to popular belief, I am not Japanese. I am half-Venezuelan.
5. My nickname is the President because I ruled the Art History Association and the Vegetarian Club with an iron fist. Kidding. Sort of. When I was younger, my nickname was Pocahontas, which sounds much more pleasant. 
6. I have a weird obsession with facial hair. 
7. I love personal style. A lot. And I love to wear things on my head.
8. The Smiths, Fleet Foxes, Bob Dylan, James Newton Howard, Johnny Cash, Local Natives, and the Beach Boys are on constant rotation, among others. 
9. Sasquatch and I share similar shoes sizes. 
10. I hate tater tots more than anything. They really are the creepiest food of all time.


Gent

1. I love going to restaurants that serve foods with names I've never heard of.
2. Most of my friends exist in books.
3. I can't swim!
4. Stationary and school supplies are a serious matter for me.
5. Some of my favorite books include The Picture of Dorian GrayPaper TownsWhite Teeth, and The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao.
6. I love listening to Camera Obscura, Sigur Ros, and Andrew Bird.
7. I'd define my personal style as classic prep with a bit of a messy, slouchy mix to it. I never try to think of my style too seriously. I'm still learning!
8. I hate coffee more than anything in the world, yet I drink it more than anything else.
9. I'm a huge dog person and I hate cats.
10. Boat shoes are always a plus.