Thursday, February 21, 2013

Favorite Things

Gentre
Untitled #8

1. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I never listened to Simon and Garfunkel because of their name (Garfunky. Ahem). This weekend while traveling to the Oregon coast, I gave their Greatest Hits a good, hard listen and now I have to say that their music has changed everything. Their lyrics are so in depth and poetic, and their harmonies are perfection. If you aren't already devoted to El Simon and Funky, listen to "The Boxer."

2. At my internship, I've been trying to teach kids to draw inspiration from patterns. Looking closely at the details of shells has given me new appreciation for the patterns that are created organically in nature. Nothing is more beautiful than what can come from the depths of the sea.

3. Ugh. Look at this beautiful thing. Yum. Damelo por favor. Ahora.

Gent

Favorite Things (Kid)


(As my 21st birthday is next week, I thought I'd remind myself of all my favorite things that are still considered for 'kids'):

1. Avatar! Okay, if you haven't seen this, I honestly urge you to go watch it right now. It's not a cartoon for kids. It's so much more and smart and cool and you just have to see it to know what I mean. I'm a huge nerd for this show and Aang is my favorite.

2. Orange Juice. It's for everyone, right?! No? ... Oh okay. Well, I'd much rather party with orange juice than anything else. Even if this is my 21st and all.

3. Bike. So, though I still barely know how to ride a bike, I've been wanting to get one for so long now, it's ridiculous. Maybe for grad school? It's not very practical for Berkeley.

No comments: