Friday, February 1, 2013

Favorite Things

Gentre

Untitled #6


(For this Favorite Things, I've decided to highlight two of my favorite commercial inspirations).

1. Zooey Deschanel for Oliver Peoples. With the spy/investigation plot, this commercial seems like a great preview for some incredibly stylish movie (or a modern remake of Charade). The glasses are great, the clothes are to die for. Watch it here.

2. Miss Dior Cherie directed by Sofia Coppola. This entire commercial is like one insanely delicious and addictive creme puff. Brigitte Bardot's "Moi je joue"  (which sits pretty high in my iTunes playlist "Vive le France!"), the clothes, the bicycle, the streets, the balloons, the pink, the dress, the sunglasses, the macaron shop. I wish this was my life. You will too after you watch the director's cut.

Gent

Favorite Things (4)

1. Sigur Ros. Since high school, Sigur Ros has been one of my all-time favorite bands. I've seen them live once at Outside Lands this past summer and I just bought tickets to see them again this coming April in San Francisco! So worth it.

2. My Instax instant camera is definitely one of my favorites. It's so nice to share such special moments on an instant camera like this and I love bringing it whenever I go somewhere really cool.

3. I use this Fred Perry messenger bag for school sometimes and it's just so preppy and cool and I can't get over it. Fred Perry just gets me.