Friday, March 29, 2013

Favorite Things

Gentre

Favorite Things for next week

1. I am completely obsessed with Serge Gainsbourg's "Initials B.B." I'm a big fan of yé-yé (French 60s pop) and this one might be the best of the best. You can listen to the song, written about Brigitte Bardot, here. Isn't it ridiculously awesome? 

2. These shoes are just adorable! When you work for free 10 hours a day, sometimes little  pleasures are looking at pictures of cute, summery-looking ballet flats.

3. The Catcher in the Rye was one of my favorite books in high school, and I'm really digging this sweatshirt. Wouldn't it be perfect if it was totally red, though? I hate when things are almost close to perfect but not quite...

Gent


Favorite Things (8)


1. Plugs. I cannot begin to explain how cool (and oddly classy) I think plugs can be on a guy. That is, if done moderately. I really wish I could pull them off. I'd be reppin' them all day long! I just love adding dashes of punk to my style.

2. I've already made up my mind that I cannot keep going through life without owning a pair of crystal-framed glasses like these. I'm literally dying for some. (Like, I need help!). Lookout for a pair of these bad boys appearing on my face sometime soon.

3. I've been seriously thinking over about getting a tattoo (for the past year actually). Again, if done moderately and well, I think they can look super classy. I want a small typewriter-fonted quote on either my ribs (like Cole Mohr, above) or on my elbow, preferably before I graduate college. It'd mean a lot. We shall see!

No comments: