Friday, January 4, 2013

Favorite Things

Gentre

Favorite Things

1. A lot of free time during winter break has resulted in a full out addiction to Freaks and Geeks. I'm not really a fan of television, except for Lost, Arrested Development, and Downton Abbey, but I promise that it's impossible to watch this and not fall in love. With only one season, you can move through it pretty fast.

2. Black-on-black, turtleneck style! Audrey Hepburn looked fabulous in this uniform-of-sorts, but when I wear I still get a lot of wierd looks and a lot of "Why are you wearing that?" Why does everyone hate on the turtleneck? It feels great and makes you sometimes look extremely cool. (Right? Right? Maybe I'll keep telling myself that...)

3. Dolly Parton. Maybe this makes me sound like an old woman, but it's genetic: my mom's enduring love for her was passed on to me. Perfect road trip music. If you don't listen to "Jolene" and love it...I'll eat my hat?  


Gent


Favorite Things (1)


1. Andrew Bird's Noble Beast (2009) is my favorite album of Bird's. I first heard this album back in high school and couldn't stop listening to his soothing voice and sweet melodies. I've been fortunate enough to see him live this past summer and hope to see him again in the near future.

2. Warby Parker has instantly turned into one of my favorite retailers for eyeglasses. If you're on the lookout for new glasses, Warby Parker has great deals. Plus, for every pair you buy, they will donate a pair to someone in need.

3. Zadie Smith's White Teeth (2000) is one of my favorite books and a must-read for all bookworms. For a first-time novelist, Smith has received much appraise (and plenty of criticism) for tackling the hard issues of urban living. Lookout for an upcoming book review!